Home search in Norway
The property rental market in Norway can be fast moving, particularly in and around the more
populated areas like Oslo. You are not guaranteed to be selected for your preferred apartment and
in many cases, you may need to sign an interest form before an owner or agent decides which
candidate they prefer as tenant. This can come as a big surprise to many expats who relocate here.
Most rental objects are advertised by real estate brokers and private homeowners. However not all
available properties are listed online. Ecovis has a large network of contacts in the industry with
access to many unlisted properties.
The advantages of acquiring assistance from Ecovis are as follows:
1. Large network of contacts, more properties available
2. Client representation – we are your agent. Accompanying the client to viewings and liaising
with landlords and real estate brokers at all times
3. Lease negotiation – we constantly seek the best deal for our clients
4. Contract read-through – all binding lease contracts in Norway are in Norwegian. We ensure
the agreement between client and landlord is adhering to Norwegian law
5. Move-in Inspection / Handover Assistance – we can accompany our clients at the handover
of a new property, taking a thorough inspection and document this on file so any risk of
potential claim against the tenant is minimized
6. Assistance with utility subscriptions – In Norway it can be frustrating to set up an electricity
or internet subscription if you do not speak Norwegian and do not know the market. We can
assist our clients throughout this process
Did you know?
Ecovis can book serviced apartments for clients free of charge, with no booking fee. We have access
to several providers around Norway so we can ensure we find you a good deal. Just send us an email to email@example.com and we will take care of it.
At Ecovis, we are essentially your agent/representative. Most expats relocating around the world on
projects tend to have high workloads and therefore the immigration & relocation process can cause
a lot of stress which has a negative impact on the delivery at work.
Therefore, we pride ourselves on client representation and acknowledge the importance of “hands
on” delivery, representing our clients when communicating with tax authorities, the police, etc. Our
job is to make it as efficient and effective as possible so you can focus on your assignment from day
1. We are your agent. You go to work, we do the rest.